Cinnamon Candy Cookies- Makes 4 dozen.
Adapted from Mom’s Test Kitchen.
2/3 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons corn starch
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 (5oz) box Hot Tamales cinnamon candy (or Red Hots, or cinnamon hearts)
1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F, lightly grease cookie sheets
2. Cream butter, sugar, and eggs together until combined
3. Beat in vanilla and corn starch
4. Gradually beat in flour until too doughy to continue, then finish by hand.
5. Stir in Hot Tamales candy
6. Scoop into tablespoon sized balls, flatten slightly, place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes
Goldshlager Cookie Frosting
1 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup unsalted butter, ALMOST melted
3-4 teaspoons Goldshlager
1. Whisk all ingredients together until smooth & well combined
2. Dip tops of cookies into frosting, or spread/ drizzle over tops