4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons salt
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/3 cups COLD water
2 lbs red potatoes, cooked and mashed
12 slices low sodium bacon, cooked and diced
4 ounces LF sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Combine all dough ingredients until a ball forms (will be sticky), set aside
2. Combine all filling ingredients
3. Separate dough into 4 balls and on a floured surface roll it out (one at a time), to about 1/8 inch thickness (or thick enough so they don’t rip when you fill them, and thin enough so they’re not too doughy)
4. Use a medium sized circle cookie cutter, cut out as many circles as you can, put the scraps to the side, repeat with each ball of dough, then combine the scraps and do it again
5. Place a tablespoon sized ball of filling in the middle of each dough cut-out, then fold the dough over to form a half circle, and pinch the edges closed to hold the filling in
6. To Cook: boil a few at a time, until they float (about 4 minutes)
To Freeze: lightly flour a cookie sheet, lay Perogies flat, freeze until firm, then put them in an airtight container or gallon sized Ziploc bag.
62 calories per Perogie.